QTP QTEC Exhaust Cutout Replacement Motor Kit
Part# : QTPMOTORKIT
Price : $59.00
Quick Time Performance replacement Motor Kit for the QTEC Exhaust Cutouts is a complete OEM replacement unit for worn or failed QTEC motors. Replacement of the QTP Motor is simplest when the valve has been removed from the vehicle. Featuring the newly redesigned full metal motor cover for ultimate durability.
QTP Replacement Motor Kit Contents:
- Motor Cover
- Motor Plate
- 5/32" Allen Wrench
- 7/64" Allen Wrench
- 2.5mm Allen Wrench
- Penetrating Oil
- Loctite (Red)
- Remove the valve(s) from the vehicle. Unplug the twist-lock power connector and remove the three bolts holding the valve to your exhaust flange.
- Remove the 2 Cap Screws holding the motor to the valve body and remove the coupler set screw from the motor side. Heat and/or penetrating oil may be necessary here.
- Take this opportunity to clean the butterfly plate/cutout body well using a good solvent and a parts brush/toothbrush. Clean the ridge inside the housing to remove any carbon build-up.
CAUTION: The butterfly screws are tack welded. Attempting to loosen these screws will break them.
- Wipe the body free of any debris and install the new coupler, and motor. It is recommended to apply a small amount of red Loctite to the bolt threads during this step to protect against vibrations.
- Make sure the flat side of the motor shaft is facing the set screw hole in the coupler. It may be necessary to apply power to the motor and rotate the motor shaft to achieve this position. Once achieved, slide the motor plate onto the valve body and again us a small amount of red Loctite to the threads, tighten your screws down.
- Finally, with your thumb pressing against the bottom of the butterfly (to ensure it is in the closed position) tighten the set screw inside the coupler and secure that with Loctite as well.