Vibrant Universal Round Metal Core Catalytic Converters are superior to the traditional ceramic core converter in many ways:
- Ultra high flow 200 cell per square inch catalyst
- Flows at 578 cfm
- Suitable for engines up to 5.0L
- Made entirely from stainless steel, inside and out
- Metal Monolith is much more durable than the traditional ceramic catalyst
- Significantly more resistant to the effects of vibration
- Capable of withstanding higher operating temperatures than a ceramic core catalytic converter, making it the best choice for modified engines
- Up to 40% improvement in exhaust gas flow vs. a typical ceramic core converter
- Vibrant Metal Cats now feature a low profile spun body to make them easier to install in tight spaces
- Perfectly suited for race vehicles that require emissions control equipment
Aftermarket converters are only permitted if your vehicle does not have a converter or if a government emissions testing program has determined that the existing converter needs replacement. It is prohibited by law in the U.S. and Canada to remove a properly functioning catalytic converter. For off-road use only. EPA approved for OBD1 only. Covered by a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty (warranty applicable to outer shell only). These Catalytic Converters are not for use on vehicles registered in California as a result of California Vehicle Code Sec. 27156 and 38391.
An overly rich Air/Fuel ratio (i.e. 11.5:1 or lower) or operating temperatures exceeding 1200 degrees can cause premature catalytic converter failure, voiding the warranty.