Heatshield HP db Armor™ Sound Insulation
Part # : HPDBARMOR
Price : $78.16 $315.68
Heatshield Products db Armor is the forerunner technology you've been waiting for! Lightweight and easy to install, it features a 6mil dampening aluminum layer and offers 3 times the dampening capability of most products and 1.5 times as much as other extreme rated dampeners. This sound insulator is only 0.051" thick, 30% thinner and 20% lighter while providing superior sound deadening capability.
With acoustical energy loss capabilities close to a sound barrier, db Armor is the ultimate stick on sound dampener. Using db Armor to steel, plastic, and fiberglass surfaces will decrease structural resonance, producing a tighter, quieter, and more comfortable ride!
Using only 25% sound dampening coverage is a myth! You dampeners should cover at least 50% of the vibrating surface, starting from the center of the panel and radiating to the outside edge. 75% coverage will yield even better results and 100% coverage will maximize the performance of the db Suppressor. Do not stack layers! This is a waste of your time, money, and material. One layer is all that is required to effectively dampen a panel.
Note: This shield is designed to be used on flat and gently curved surfaces. For surfaces with severe irregularities consider using db Shield instead.
Heatshield db Armor Features:
Lightweight - weighs 20% less than leading dampener
Superior dampening ability
Lightest weight material with the thickest aluminum layer currently available
Use sheet force to reduce or eliminate vibration
Weight: 0.39 lbs/sq-ft
Manufactured from top quality materials, right here in the USA!
Heatshield db Armor Uses:
Outer Body Panel Skins
Ceiling and Roof Panels
Heatshield db Armor Installation:
Tools: Scissors/utility knife, tape measure, straight edge, carb spray or degreaser, isopropyl alcohol or pre-paint cleaner, poster board (optional)
Safety: Wear gloves, safety glasses, and a dust mask during installation.
- Use extreme caution when handling pieces of db Armor that have been cut, the edges are sharp.
- Begin by measuring twice, cutting and fitting the db Armor to be installed first. Pro Tip: Use poster board or heavy paper as a template, then trace it onto the db Armor
- Make sure the installation location will not impede the proper operation of any mechanical components.
- Be sure to clean the surface of the body panels by cleaning and degreasing them. Give the panel a final wipe down with isopropyl alcohol, ammonia based glass cleaner, or other non-residue cleaner.
- Remove the paper release liner and apply the db Armor onto the surface. No special tools are required, however a plastic spoon may be used to shape the material onto any irregular surfaces.
- A roller may be useful on flat panels to ensure a good bond is made.
Safety Note Details:
Prop 65 Warning: